We’ve all heard of superfoods! All over the world, nutritionists talk about how healthy these nutrient-rich foods are. This is especially true since most of us suffer from burnout and anxiety. Take, for example, magnesium. It takes part in over 300 metabolic processes, making it one of the most important minerals for our health. This is exactly why this post will highlight the top 10 magnesium rich superfoods. You can find these easily in your kitchen, which makes them not only super accessible but also great home remedies for issues such as high blood pressure, blood clots and muscle fatigue.
Magnesium deficiency can lead to a lot of health issues. This is why it is important to know its symptoms, in order to act accordingly. In fact, magnesium deficiency is so prevalent, that experts claim it is affecting over 80% of the American population.
How Does Magnesium Deficiency Manifest?
This mineral deficiency manifests itself in a number of ways. For example, it could act like anxiety, memory loss, or even muscle cramps. Consequently, even though magnesium is present in our bodies, half of it is deposited in the bones. This means only a small part is found in our blood. This is why it’s so important to eat magnesium rich superfoods on a daily basis.
Magnesium Deficiency Symptoms:
- low appetite
- muscle contractions and cramps
- mood changes
- high blood pressure
- blood clots
So what can you do if you suspect you suffer from magnesium deficiency? For example, you could try and take supplements, but the best way to go about it is via home remedies. Nothing beats dietary magnesium which is found naturally in most of the foods you love.
These 10 Magnesium Rich Superfoods Are Exceptional Home Remedies For Magnesium Deficiency
Magnesium deficiency has many downsides – many of which we will cover in future posts. The best way to fight this is by eating at least one or two of the following foods on a daily basis.
- Cashew nuts: 1 ounce is equivalent to 20% of your recommended daily magnesium intake.
- Almonds: 1-ounce supplies about 19% of your daily dose.
- Avocados: 1 fruit equals about 15% of your daily need.
- Bananas: 1 medium fruit supplies about 18% of your daily requirement.
- Lentils: 1 cup of cooked lentils covers about 18% of your daily magnesium dose.
- Chocolate: 1 bar gives you almost 60% of your daily value.
- Figs: 1 cup of dried figs supplies about 25% of your daily value.
- Okra: 1 cup of boiled okra gives you 14% of your daily magnesium.
- Seeds: 1 ounce whole, roasted pumpkin or squash seeds supplies about 19% of your daily intake.
- Squash: 1 cup is equivalent to about 11% of your daily dose.
As you can see, these magnesium-rich superfoods are quite common and affordable. The next time you think about covering your daily intake of magnesium, pay a visit to the grocery store. Eat the right foods and you’ll feel better sooner than you think. It is only by maintaining healthy and diverse eating habits and a balanced lifestyle that you can stay healthy!